Monday, December 13, 2010

All I Want for Christmas

Yesterday my husband kept asking me what I want for Christmas.  When I still couldn't answer after the fourth time he asked, he became impatient and annoyed with me.  You'd think his wallet would at least be happy, but no - I caught it glaring at me, too.

It's been years since I felt like a kid on Christmas morning, when I would wake up full of anticipation and wonder.  But today when I saw the e-mail in my inbox with my new book cover attached to it, I felt that way again.  I took a minute to savor the feeling before I opened the e-mail, and when I did, I was blown away.  (Left)  The artist did an amazing job!!  

The rest of the day I walked around in a happy daze.  When I got home, my husband asked me again if I had thought of anything I wanted for Christmas.  I answered him with a shoulder shrug.  I honestly want for nothing.  My family is healthy and happy.  We have a roof over our heads and food to eat.

In 2010 I accomplished one of my dreams - to become a published author.  For Christmas, it isn't what I'll be given that's important.  It's what I've accomplished.