Monday, January 30, 2012

What Author Hooked You On Romance?

When I was in middle school I picked up one of my mother's romance novels, and my love affair with the genre began.  The author was Kathleen E. Woodiwiss.  The novel was Ashes in the Wind, a book about a woman wanted by both the North and the South and the Yankee doctor that keeps crossing her path. 

Elizabeth Lowell, Judith McNaught, Heather Graham, Julie Garwood, Nora Roberts, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Jennifer Crusie, Linda Howard...  In no particular order, I fell in love with each of their characters.

I write about this because I'm on a mission to clean out the attic.  I'm rereading old novels, deciding which ones will stay and which ones will go to Half Price Books.  I've fallen in love with the characters again, and some I can't bear to part with, some I'm saying a fond farewell to.

So I'm wondering.  What author hooked you on romance?  Who is your favorite romance author of all time? (Cuz if you can pick one, I'm impressed.  I just can't do it.)